Clinical Case Manager - Registered Nurse – Home Care
IntelliChoice Home Care is searching for an RN with 2 plus years of homecare case management experience to become a full time part of our team. We offer an excellent compensation package and room for advancement. Expected to manage a case load of Trach and/or Ventilator dependent patients, with a focus on pediatrics. Involves total care management (orders, education, employee supervision) and patient supervisory visits
Clinical Supervisor is a Registered Nurse and an experienced professional who supervises field staff that provides care to the patients on an intermittent or hourly basis in the home. He/She independently supervises field staff to ensure care is delivered in accordance with the physician’s orders and IntelliChoice Home Care policy. She/He also will care manage an assigned group of patients including supervisory visits.
Performs duties with latitude for exercise of independent judgment under general supervision. Performs work of moderate difficulty and responsibility, requiring considerable professional, scientific or technical training and experience. Position requires a good aptitude for independent work.
Minimum Position Specifications:
Education and Experience:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and licensed in the State of North Carolina. One year of post-graduate experience as a professional nurse in a hospital/skilled nursing facility/or home care setting. Exposure/experience in home health of 2 years or more is required.
Clinical Director of Home Care Services, Administrator/Managing Owner
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Physical effort involving above-average standing, sitting, walking, detail work and driving. Possible frequent exposure to hazards which could be harmful.
- Assesses patient’s physical functions and psychosocial needs upon admission to the home care programs.
- Coordinates home care nursing with other members of the health care team
- Sets priorities of patient’s needs and provides care accordingly, if needed.
- Identifies patient problems, symptoms and behavioral changes.
- Develops a nursing care plan that integrates the medical plan of care, nursing diagnosis, realistic goals and established discharge criteria.
- Updates care plan as needed and as patient’s condition changes.
- Documents the patient’s condition accurately and concisely, using correct charting format: notifies the physician of condition changes.
- Teaches, supervises and counsels the patient and family members regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems.
- Carries out physician’s orders in accordance with the agency policies.
- Assesses patient and family about disease processing in accordance with their degree of acceptance.
- Teaches the patient and family about disease processing in accordance with their degree of acceptance.
- Practices nursing within the legal limits of the Nurse Practice Act and understands and anticipates legal consequences of nursing action.
- Maintains current knowledge in nursing procedures.
- Seeks educational opportunities to increase clinical competency.
- Ensures privacy for the patient and confidentiality of condition and personal information.
- Participates in care conferences, staff meetings and committees.
- Participates in teaching and orientation of other nursing personnel.
- Cooperates and acts as liaison with other agencies providing nursing or related services to implement a comprehensive care plan.
- Oversees Field staff (RN, LPN, CNA) ensuring they are delivering care in accordance to physician orders as well as IntelliChoice Home Care policy.
- Participates in the planning, operation and over-all evaluation of the nursing service.
- Initiates preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate for the patient’s care and safety, without infringing on the patient’s rights.
- Provides appropriate documentation of activities and interventions according to agency standards
- Will serve as a temporary Administrator in lieu of current Administrator and current Clinical Director are absent or vacant and is oriented to the Administrator duties.